Print Friendly and PDF
Are you a first-timer to LDS Perfect Day! If so, welcome!
Click here to see what this blog is all about and how you can get the most out of it.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

08. Proactive Service

Note: This is one of a series of posts devoted to the study of D&C 93:1, and the eighth examining the phrase "cometh unto me".

In light of my previous post, I believe there is a higher degree of charity we can render.  I call it "Proactive Charity."  Yes, it requires more from you.  Yes, you need to be more conscientious in implementing these things. But the payoff -- in terms of you truly aligning yourself with the Savior -- is incalculable.

Are you ready for a flat-out, full-on challenge?  Here you go:

During Your Morning Prayers


Consider including these three things in your morning prayers:
  1. Maintain your own "prayer roll", in either hard copy or electronic form (I maintain one on my smart phone).  In your morning prayers, literally place this list in front of you and pray for those on your list.  Go here to learn more about this concept.
  2. Also, fervently pray that God will send at least one person who you can help. 
  3. Finally, pray that God will bless you with all the necessary spiritual gifts needed to accomplish those tasks.  Ask that He bless you with (1) the Gift of Discernment, that you will recognize opportunities to render charity and (2) the Gift of Charity, to fulfill those opportunities.

During Your Day 

During Your Evening Prayers


Return and report to Father (go here for more on nightly "Return and Report" sessions).  Express gratitude for the experiences you were given that day.  Ask how you can better discern and fulfill opportunities when they come your way.  And ask that tomorrow, angels will go before you in preparing others to be helped by you.
Are you "willing to mourn with those that mourn … and comfort those that stand in need of comfort" (Mosiah 18:9)? Terrific!

Are you ready to deploy God's gifts, celestial prayer and and even the assistance of angels in doing so? Outstanding!

I would love to read about your experiences.


For an index of all past posts (by date), click here.
For an index of all past posts (by topic), click here.





1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Thank you! Thank You! I'll share the experiences I have this week soon. Just wanted to let you know your posts are being read and are making a difference in my life, you're helping me refocus, and become more diligent in my prayers and service and I am a better disciple of Christ. I am grateful for my Savior and for how we all have gifts and as we share them with others and listen for and following the promptings of the Holy Ghost more lives are blessed.

    ReplyDelete